Self Care Series Part 2: The Body
Welcome back for part 2! I cannot stress how important self care is, especially during this time. A part of that is caring for your body. I can admit this is something I have to do more of myself. So let’s do it together by following these tips.
Tiny Self-Care Ideas for the Body
1. Give your body ten minutes of mindful attention. Use the body scan technique to check in with each part of your body.
Welcome back for part 2! I cannot stress how important self-care is, especially during this time. A part of that is caring for your body. I can admit this is something I have to do more of myself. So let’s do it together by following these tips.
3. Get down and boogie. Put on your favorite upbeat record and shake your booty.
4. Stretch out the kinks. If you’re at work, you can always head to the bathroom to avoid strange looks.
5. Run (or walk, depending on your current physical health) for a few minutes. Or go up and down the stairs three times.
6. Narrow your food choices. Pick two healthy breakfasts, lunches, and dinners and rotate for the week.
7. Activate your self-soothing system. Stroke your own arm, or if that feels too weird, moisturize.
8. Get to know yourself intimately. Look lovingly and without judgment at yourself naked. (Use a mirror to make sure you get to know all of you!)
9. Make one small change to your diet for the week. Drink an extra glass of water each day, or have an extra portion of veggies each meal.
10. Give your body a treat. Pick something from your wardrobe that feels great next to your skin.
11. Be still. Sit somewhere green, and be quiet for a few minutes.
12. Get fifteen minutes of sun, especially if you’re in a cold climate. (Use sunscreen if appropriate.)
13. Inhale an upbeat smell. Try peppermint to suppress food cravings and boost mood and motivation.
14. Have a good laugh. Read a couple of comic strips that you enjoy. (For inspiration, try Calvin and Hobbes or watch stand up comedy on Netflix.)
15. Take a quick nap. Ten to twenty minutes can reduce your sleep debt and leave you ready for action.
All of these ideas can help you feel good in general but they also give your body a little physical attention.
Stay healthy folks! #maintenancemonday